Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcast



Podcast

When I first looked at the assignment I had no clue what a podcast was. I had never even heard of one before. The only thing I knew about iTunes was that you can buy music for your ipod through iTunes. At first I had a difficult time locating the podcast, but then I realized you have to download iTunes to your computer. Once I figured out how to access the podcast I began listening to them. I listened to the six that were listed in our homework.

The podcast is the perfect tool in this technological world. It is a new way to learn. You are the one in control because you can set the pace where you want it to be. Another good aspect is that you can watch the podcast anytime you want. It reminded me of a radio talk show except there were no commercials. All the podcast were set up in the same way just on different subjects. The podcast are a great way of learning in this fast-paced world.

My favorite podcast was the SmartBoard Lessons Podcast. It was one of the more interesting podcasts. It showed how a teacher can relate different subjects to a movie. When you connect something that is difficult to an event that interests the student they are more likely to pick up on it. My least favorite was the EdTechtalk. This one was boring to me. I could not stay focused on it. I kept finding myself trying to fast foward it until it was over. The microphone was messed up so it was hard to understand the speaker. The podcast were informative and offered a different way of learning.

Once I figured out how to access the podcast it all went smoothly. They are a fast and effective way of learning. They play information in a way that makes it an easy way to learn. I am sure that later on down the road the podcast will become more widely used throughout schools and around the world.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, SmartBoard Lessons Podcast was my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had no idea what a podcast was..good post!

    ReplyDelete