Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson

The message I recieved from Mr. Robinson is that we need to let kids be kids. They are the future and we need to bring them up the right way. Every child is talented and needs to be able to explore their talents and do what they love. It is true that children are not scared of failing. If they fall they get right back up and try again. We as adults are scared of being wrong and not using our creative minds. Education in school is all about getting ready for college. We go to school to sit in desk all day and learn. There should be times for students to let their creativity shine through. There is more creativity in elementary, but as students get older it fades away.

It is true that more people in today's society have degrees than ever before. A lot of students do choose the education field. It does worry me that there will not be any jobs available once I get out. For example, my mom finished South last December in elementary education and has not found a job. Maybe she's not looking in the right location. However, there are a lot of students going into the education field. If you ask any of them why are they going into education the response is because they love it. That is my response too. I want to go into physical education because I love working with kids, athletics and not having to spend all my time indoors. I want to have a job where I enjoy getting up and going to work. I know physical education is for me and I have faith that God will put me where he wants me to be.

Is it true that more students are choosing education as a major because they lost their creativity? Maybe kids are being educated in the wrong way. It is our jobs as future teachers to change that. Keep the creativity in a child and do not knock it down. Let the child's talents be shown and praise them for it. God gave all of us a talent and it is a waste if we do not use it.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. As a mother I try to let my daughter be herself, even if I don't agree. On the weekend I let her dress herself and I promise you nothing matches. Letting her dress herself gives her a chance to express who she is. Some day's it's tanks, short, and long sock and other days dresses and church shoes. My daughter loves to sing, she sing at every church program, and at every family event. Over the years her voice has change and the more she sings the better she get. I think been able to express yourself gives you a more fore filling live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that children should be able to express themselves. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog and i agree that children should feel free to express their creativity.

    ReplyDelete