Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Student's Digital Smarts

The whole time I have been in school it has mostly been with pen and paper. The class was never taught using the computer, unless is was a keyboarding class or an introductory to computers. I guess since I have not been brought up using computers, like some kids have, is the reason I am not very fond of them. I am one of those who would rather use a pen and paper. The reason is I do not know that much about computers because I do not spend that much time on them. However, today's students are becoming more technologically advanced so more things are going to the computer.

Students learn in different ways and working off the computer a good way to become more comfortable with technology. Students can learn from the teacher and from one another. It is a good thing for schools to have classes like Ms. Davis's class. It teaches students how to use technology and to to be familiar with it. It allows students to learn in a whole different atmosphere with students from around the world. They would get a taste of different cultures through the class as well. It would be a whole different learning experience. Every student in school would probably want to take the class.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. I grew up using computers and enjoy using them but, in my classroom I want my students to be able to use pen and paper to learn as well as computers. I agree with you that every student would want to take this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not grow up using computers a whole lot and I am not very fond of them either.

    ReplyDelete