Sunday, September 6, 2009



Technological Literate Teacher

I thought the former EDM 310 class did a nice job on their videocast. I like the videocast better than the podcast because you can see the discussion. To make the videocast better one needs to have the audience from the beginning. I had a difficult time staying with the speakers. I could not stay focused on the discussion. One thing that would make it better would be to have a more interesting subject. If something interests you, you more than likely not going to fast-forward it. The group, at certain times, seemed like they were just reading monotoned straight from their paper. That also loses the viewers' interest. These are a few areas I would try to improve on.

During their videocast they kept the conversation going. I didn't notice an awkward moment during the whole video. They knew their facts and were familiar with the subject. They explained how technology is important to a teacher. Watching their videocast gave me an idea about how I am to go about presenting mine.


Practical Principals

In viewing the practical principals I thought it was neat how two principals created the podcast. They show the viewers how to use the podcast. It is important to learn the podcast because they will probably become more widely used in education. The discussion was very interesting, which kept the audience in tune. They stayed with the subject and kept the focus on them.

It is good for teachers to be literate with the podcast. Technology can be an awesome tool in the classroom if the teacher knows how to use it. The podcast can bring in different culture to the class. Since schools are becoming more diverse the podcasts are one way to aide in their learning.

4 comments:

  1. Good job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your first paragraph, about how you have to have a subject that interest you. I thought you explained this well in your post!

    ReplyDelete