Monday, November 30, 2009

Summary of Blogs

What I have learned this semester:

I learned how to make blogs, write posts, connect with people, and follow fellow students and teachers. My group and I gave Google Docs presentation orally in class. I know how to put together a slide show and present the material to the class.
I learned how to use Google Docs and Forms. I love this! It is not as good as word, but it is free. It is saved online so you can pull up your presentation from any location! I have learned quite a bit from the posts that I have read. I would say I have learned the most this semester from the posts that I have read. I loved hearing what other educated people have to say about the information I am interested in. I used this this semester to get in touch with people who are interested in physical education, just like me. I like Twitter! It is a good way for communication among people. Watching these little kid's videos and reading their blogs made me really want to do that in my class when I am a teacher! I use iTunes on a daily bases. For long car rides, iTunesU is a great learning tool! Keeps your mind active and you get to learn from different professors around the world! I created a professional blog to market myself and to display the values that I enforce as a teacher. I thought this assignment was very informative. It teaches other ways to make a resume other than using a piece of paper. The best thing is it stays on the web, so you can update it anytime you want! I always use data bases for sources when writing papers. A great resource! Skype is a free and easy way to stay connected with people from all over the world. ACCESS & ALEX are definitely resources I am going to use when I become a teacher. There are over 2000 lesson plan ideas on there!! I like Foliotec because it stores all the work that I have done and organizes it for when I am getting certified as a teacher. I came into this class very technological illiterate! But now, with the patience from Mr. Wakeman, I am very literate! I believe the future schools will all have SmartBoards and webcams and blogs. The students will develop PLN's and stay connected with the world around them. I guess if I had to rate myself in walking on the trail on knowledge, I would say that I am on a never ending trail. Life is full of learning experiences that help to turn you into the person you are!

I would have loved to have learn how to make a website! I am going to use most of the stuff I have used in this class, but I think I will stop writing blogs until I start teaching. This class excited me. I liked learning creative things that I can do in my future classroom and I especially liked the lecture videos that we had to blog about. They really made me think. This leads into the next question about "intellectually challenging" material in this course. I think the hardest part of this course was the reflecting in blogs part. I was bored in class because I can only sit at a computer for so long! It gets tiring after a while. I really learned a lot from this class! My favorite part of this course was vod casting!!!!!!!! I would say that I am Good technologically literate, but there of course is room for improvement. I am going to stay up-to-date with new technology and in the future, use it in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment