Monday, November 23, 2009

Nov. 22 Post


7 Stupid Mistakes
7 Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology
New Classroom Rules by Education Innovation

In reading the three lists of information I found all the topics to be interesting. In the 7 Stupid Mistakes list I thought that not backing up your data was important and not supervising computer using students. I know the feeling first hand of not backing up your data. I am not proud to say that it has happened to me more than once. What is the most aggervating is when you are almost done with your paper and then you lose it! It is a very stupid, but easy mistake to make when you get caught up in doing an assignment. As a teacher you cannot turn children loose and not supervise what that are doing on the computer. Students will test you, and if there is a way for them to look at something they are not suppose to, they will find it.

In the 7 Brillant Things Teachers Do With Technology I felt that empowering kids with technology and being able to accept the role of a co-learner was important. Allowing students to become familiar with technology will help them throughout life. Technology is a piece of learning that is here to stay. The more the student uses technology, the better he or she will get. As a teacher I believe it is important to be a lifelong learner. There is always something new in the world to learn, so have an open mind. Teachers should allow the students to share what they know, because they can teach the teacher as well.

The List of New Classroom Rules was very different from what the rules were when I was in school. The first one caught my eye, "Come to class everyday, unless you would rather go online." If these rules fell into effect students would not have to leave there house. I don't know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing. If the student stayed motivated and did their work it would be fine. However, if the student has to have someone telling him or her what to do the whole time, I don't believe it would work too well. I felt that do not cheat, but remix, re-purpose, and sample other peoples' work and ideas and give them credit was important. You can learn so much from viewing others' blogs and posts. Using their ideas you can make an assingment into your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment