Sunday, October 18, 2009

The New Media Literacies by the NML Staff




The New Media Literacies introduced a set of skills that everybody needs to use in society today. We are moving at a different pace in life due to technology. Forty years ago no one knew what a cell phone was, and today people can't live without them. Technology has changed tremendously over the past ten years. While I was in grade school we use to go to the library to find books to do our reports on. Now all one has to do is look up the topic on the internet and plenty of results will show. Society today is use to everything being at the push of a button. We are a fast-paced world, so we need the technology that can keep up with us.

Judgement, negotiation, appropriation, play, transmedia navigation, simulation, collective intelligence, performance, distributed cognition, visualization, and multitasking are the new media skills needed in the 21st century. These skills are useful in everyday life. I believe I possess some skills more so than others. Multitasking would be my best skill. I have always been good at multitasking. I think I get that trait from my mom, she has always been good at doing more than one thing at a time. The practice of these skills will allow me to become more familiar with them. I can relate to how these skills are useful in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment